Thursday, January 28, 2010

Signed, Sealed, Delivered...

I've noticed a little trend in the past month or two. Homemade stationery! A coworker received a set of these as a birthday gift from her grandmother last week:


(Handmade stationery)

Aren't they adorable? I think that is such a creative gift idea! It shows thoughtfulness and skill, but is very affordable. Any person who isn't quite as crafty would appreciate a set of handmade stationery.

Don't have time or an occasion to make a whole set of cards for someone? Why not just send them a card you made yourself! They are just as pleasant to receive in the mail, like these homemade Christmas cards my roommate and I received in December:


(Handmade Christmas cards, courtesy of Misadventures in My Life and Southern Charm in the City)

They are crafty, adorable, personal and one-of-a-kind! And if I'm not mistaken, all the supplies can be picked up at the local craft store. I, personally, absolutely love them and hope to try to make my own set sometime in the future.

Simply,
MJ

3 comments:

  1. Woohoo! Thanks for the shout out! Let me know if you ever need a card-making buddy :) And I LOVE the idea of giving a set as a gift....I know what I will be giving this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love custom note cards! Nonnie had note cards made with some her paintings printed on the front. I have always loved them! I need to be more crafty... maybe once I have my own place :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!! Love the shout out!!

    Kari...not sure how much living in your own place will help your crafting abilities ;) haha

    ReplyDelete