Monday, January 18, 2010

Break Up Therapy = Retail Therapy

I forgot how expensive being single is...or maybe I'll admit that I just used the break up excuse to go all out this weekend. Either way, I spent a pretty penny. But, I'd say it was well worth it! (Especially since I'll get a little overtime this weekend!)

Saturday: Went out to dinner with two friends. Ordered filet mignon for myself and finished off 2 bottles of wine between the 3 of us. Proceeded to go downtown afterwards, which always results in the $15 cab ride back to the house.

Sunday: Last minute road trip to the Cincinnati Premium Outlets. With 6 friends from 4 cities getting together, it was a fun day. I ended up coming home with 2 shirts from J.Crew, 1 shirt and 1 dress from Banana Republic and 1 cardigan from Gap. Ate out for 2 meals, then rented a DVD. Already started putting together outfits for work this week.

Monday: (No work today!) Ran errands. Which results in some shopping. I did finally find pegboard hooks for a little craft project I had. All my costume jewelry is now neatly displayed on the wall! I also bought a poster frame for my 2000th win poster. A few side trips and wandering off the path resulted in a couple extra purchases. But they were all on SALE! I got 2 pairs of jeans from The Loft (BOGO sale item 50% off, so I paid $30 total...they were final sale $19.99 each), and 1 cream cardigan ($9.98), 1 skirt ($13.98...its berry colored and work appropriate!) and 1 kelly green sports bra ($3.74) from Target. I can never resist a good bargain...

On the bright side, I didn't have to pay anything for copies of my shoulder MRI and x-rays, and the guy at the watch stand in the mall fixed the loose pin in my watch band for free!!! They were the ones to originally take the extra links out, so he said it was just a store repair.

I still think I'll wait until payday to check my bank statement.

Simpy,
MJ

No comments:

Post a Comment