Sunday, January 3, 2010

Maybe THIS Year...

It's 2010....a new year is upon us! I was lucky enough to spend NYE celebrating with dinner and a night out with a group of good friends and the boy. It's so hard to believe how quickly this last year has flown by. Ironically I rang in 2009 and 2010 in the same bar, in the same LBD...ok, well I guess it's not really ironic, but it's strange to think of the parallels between the two nights and how much has changed inbetween. The year 2009 was one for growth and change. I'd say I've learned more in the last few months than I have in the last few years of college. I won't lie...it's been tough and I've struggled through the better part of the year. But I feel like I'm starting to get my feet back on solid ground and starting to find my way. So, maybe THIS year, I'll do the following:

1. Get my shoulder fixed. I've been diagnosed with a torn labrum in my shoulder, which bothers me from time to time. Due to circumstances (and all the changes this year) I haven't had the opportunity for either physical therapy and/or surgery to get it fixed.
2. Take the GMAT.
3. Work on career advancement - either begin grad school, advance in my job, or find a new position.

Those are my top three new year's resolutions. I have a tendency to make too many resolutions and not keep them, so this year I pinpointed my top priorities to work on. Cross your fingers that I can get all these accomplished!

My reminder to myself as we enter the next decade, as Taylor Swift would put it (more lyrically than I am able to) -- "This is life before you know who you're gonna be." I know that God isn't finished with me yet, and that I still have a lot of growing and changing to do. This is just the next step!

Simply,
MJ

No comments:

Post a Comment