Saturday, January 16, 2010

Got That New "I'm a Single Girl" Swag

My big news update for the week: the boy and I are no more. (Is it ironic that I made a comparison to "breaking up" in my last post?!?) While he often did nice things for me, I think there were too many petty disagreements and points of contention, mostly due to the age difference between us. (He was younger.) I wasn't being irrational. It was something I had been thinking over for the last few weeks. I think the "honeymoon" phase of the relationship had ended, at which point we needed to find more solid ground to connect on. I don't think we found that. I told him I just felt we were in two different places right now and that these issues weren't going to work themselves out in the foreseeable future. It was a very one-sided decision, but I hope that we can eventually continue to be friends.

On that note, I'm a little relieved that the pressure of working on a relationship is off. I'm also a little excited about being single again. The boy and I began seeing each other just a month or so after graduation, so I hadn't really had the opportunity to experience this new phase of my life on my own yet. (It was also difficult to talk to him about this phase because he wasn't able to relate at all.) I already have several things I want to do and work on that I had trouble finding the time to do since I was balancing his schedule and mine and trying to spend time with him. We'll see how it all goes. Heck, maybe this will even leave more time for updating my blog!

Luckily, my roommate's boyfriend is in New York this weekend and another friend drove in for the weekend, so I've had some good company and good girl time. :) We may go out tonight, so it'll be interesting to be strutting my new single girl swag again!

Simply,
MJ

(P.S. I would really like to have a signature for my posts, but I'm not sure how to do that. Anyone have any ideas???)

1 comment:

  1. scent, swag...whatever it is meg, you got it! those boys love you! i'm glad to see you have such a good attitude about the breakup. if you need anything, i'm always here to talk.

    the guy that helped me at bed, bath, & beyond today asked for my number hahahah so i think i'll tone down my single girl swag when i return there...just a note to self! haha

    p.s. i'm so excited for tomorrow!! ahh!!

    ReplyDelete