Friday, January 22, 2010

It's Friday Night

"Even my emotional baggage is Coach." - Unknown

I came across that quote today and liked it. Not that this post is about emotional baggage or anything. It was just a quote-worthy quote. But on a semi-related note:

A. I came across this guest post on Corporette today on what entry-level professionals should wear to work. I thought it was interesting. As a new grad, I don't have an extensive work-appropriate wardrobe yet. (Okay, maybe I have more to wear to work than I let on...but still...). I work in a fairly laid-back office when it comes to dress code...as in I have never seen a dress code...so I often try to buy pieces that will be appropriate as I climb the corporate ladder. I thought this lady's advice was helpful. I actually was pleased with my outfit today - a black button down, berry colored straight skirt (looks like a wool blend, but it's acrylic), sheer black hose and black pumps. I wish I had thought to take a picture to share.

B. I've decided that being single is going to lead to a well-stocked kitchen and a very clean house. Because it is Friday night and I cleaned, went to the grocery, and stopped in the liquor store. In sweatpants and an old, sloppy, faded hooded sweatshirt. And pink plaid rainboots. With VPL (aka visible panty line). Don't be jealous. (I think I dress sloppy to run errands these days because of the man that I am almost certain took my picture with his cell phone in the Wal-Mart parking lot last fall.)

You might ask, "Why, MJ, are you at home cleaning on a Friday night? Don't you have friends?" The answer is simple. I have to work tomorrow because of a Board of Directors meeting. And that leads to my next point...

C. My best friend from home is coming in tomorrow! After the board meeting, she is coming to the UK vs. Arkansas game. I'm very excited to see her. I think this is the first time she has visited me in Lexington. And she is also the driving factor behind the cleaning, grocery shopping, and liquor store. I had nothing to offer her except water and tortillas. (That may be a slight exaggeration, but not by much.) I picked up some wine, some beer, and made a corn and black bean salsa tonight so that I can be a good hostess! I'm very excited for her to come. While I don't miss the boy necessarily, I miss the companionship. Having friends in town is a pleasant distraction.

Wishing everyone a wonderful weekend!

Simply,
MJ

1 comment:

  1. if it makes you feel any better...it's 11:51 and i'm watching DVRed Real World by myself. oh well, such is life in the real world.

    many things made me laugh about this post:
    1. the title made me think of nsync...or BSB...not sure..."it's friday night and i just just just got paid..." know what song i'm talking about?! hahah
    2. VBL - new fav abbrev
    3. i think your salsa recipe is probably from mom pidge...love that woman :)

    anyway, yay for the weekend! have fun with your bff tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete