Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Happy Mardi Gras!

“True love doesn't have a happy ending, because true love never ends. Letting go is one way of saying I love you.” - Unknown

I admit it...I'm a terrible blogger. But in my defense, I had a busy week! Since my last post I worked a 14 hour day because of an event, started physical therapy, had a couple of meetings, then a good friend came in town for the weekend! We went to ESPN College GameDay, grabbed lunch and dinner and drinks with friends, went to a basketball game....then I spent Valentine's Day watching Lifetime movies, eating sweets and carbs, and doing absolutely nothing -- obviously no time for blogging there.

In addition, over the weekend a friend of mine from high school passed away in a one-vehicle accident. He was in the circle of guys that my circle of girls ran around with back in the day. He's been dating the same girl since high school, so I'm sure she is absolutely DEVASTATED. They think he fell asleep at the wheel while driving home from work around 4:00 a.m., hitting a guard rail and a pole. He wasn't wearing a seatbelt and was ejected from the vehicle.
Lewis Lamb
5/13/87 - 2/13/10


Since his accident early Saturday morning there have been 2 more accidents on the parkways in western Kentucky where the driver or passenger wasn't wearing a seatbelt and was thrown from the car. One other girl died, while one guy was lucky enough to survive. It's just a reminder to please, please wear your seatbelts. You never know what a difference it could make in your life or the lives of those you love. That's my rant from the day and is all I'll say about that.

On a happier note...I had a 2 hour delay this morning because of the snow (perks of the job) AND my amazing roommate made me one of her infamous lattes to start the day :) Seriously...her lattes rival Starbucks and McDonald's any day of the week. They're delicious.

I'm trying to decide what I'll do tonight to treat myself for Mardi Gras! What are your plans?!?!?

Laissez les bons temps roulez!!! (Let the good times roll!)

Simply,
MJ

1 comment:

  1. i'm so sorry to hear about your high school friend, that is so sad. i'm sure he will be greatly missed.

    also, i totally vouche for your roommate's lattes! i bought milk today to start making them again...haven't made one in MONTHS!

    ReplyDelete