Sunday, January 2, 2011

2011!


I love friends. I love New Years Eve. I love engagement parties. I love new beginnings. I love beautiful dresses -- and the moment when you find one you love so much that you HAVE to have it. (You know, when you think you want glittery, sequined dress that you'll probably never wear again, and then you find a pink/peach gauzy one that you are already planning your next occasion to put on...). I love gold, glittery, razzle-dazzle, Ke$ha pumps. I love bows. And diamond rings on my friends' left hands. Mad Men marathons and cranberry mojitos that will "change you life." And how we always rock the dance floor.

I dislike broken glass. Enough said.

I dislike New Year's Resolutions because I can never keep them. Although in general I want to work on typical goals -- work out more, spend more time with friends and family, stress less, spend more time on me. My one "resolution" is to begin contributing to my 401K.

I dislike insomnia. I have had so much trouble sleeping the past month or two. I don't know what my deal is - anxiety? Not sure. All I know is that I go back to work tomorrow, and I'm already feeling overwhelmed. I. Must. Get. Sleep.

I also dislike goodbyes -- it's so hard to leave home after the holidays, and always makes me a little sad when friends and I have to part ways. I know it's more of a "see you later," but I treasure the moments we get to spend together!

P.S. The engaged BFF from home has picked a beautiful wedding dress out, and narrowed down the selection for bridesmaid dresses! Not to mention our darling engagement party (complete with champagne toast) for my roomie!

No comments:

Post a Comment