Monday, June 21, 2010

Wedding Weekend

I spent 3 days in Paducah, Kentucky this past weekend for the wedding of a good friend and sorority sister. The beau and I spent Saturday experiencing the town and had lunch at the fine establishment known as Whaler's Catch.

A fish po'boy sandwich filled me up quickly! Yum!

Afterwards we walked off the big meal down by the river and through downtown. I was enjoying the sight-seeing and wanted to go in the antique stores, but the beau wasn't quite so thrilled that there wasn't anything "from this decade." Still, the sun was shining and the sky was blue.


He was ignoring me in this picture. I think he was embarrassed that I looked like such a tourist, but at least I wasn't wearing cut off jorts and bandannas like the crew a few yards away from us.

Brooke's wedding on Saturday night was beautiful. She looked absolutely stunning, and I couldn't get over how much she seemed to look like a mature, young lady. She just exuded class. The wedding was a traditional Baptist ceremony. Everything was simple, traditional and classy. Nothing too over the top, but each detail thought out. I hope that one day I have as much luck and love (and luck in love!) that she did! She deserves all the best and has my wishes for all the blessings life and marriage can provide.


It was my pleasure to be part of her day, and I am so honored to call her a friend!

P.S. I have no idea what the heck was up with me being so shiny! Seriously. Argh.

No comments:

Post a Comment