Tuesday, June 15, 2010

It's the little things

The highlights of my day today:

1. A caramel brownie from our student worker. dee-lic-ious. It reminded me of a "turtle" because it was chocolate, nuts, and had a layer of caramel in the middle. So good. Must. Get. Recipe.

2. I would love to try to bake the peanut butter filled yellow cake with chocolate icing and the caprese skewers I saw on Big Girls, Small Kitchen. Yum.

3. Who knew you could register your Kroger cards online and download coupons straight to your card? How convenient - especially for a coupon clipper like me! You can even print a list of the coupons you have loaded as a pseudo shopping list. Just shop, swipe and save. Genius!

4. My fickle temperatured office (yes, I made that word up I think) has revealed a new secret to me. Normally it's like "Oh it's January? Better make it 90 degrees in here. April? We'll stick to a steady 63 degrees." So lately...after forcing me into pants and sweaters, along with keeping a blanket and heating pad handy at the office....it has decided to spike again. This week it was holding steady at around 79 degrees -- and did I mention we don't have a dehumidifier in the building? Then Willy, the maintenance guy, comes around today and lets me know that the changeover switch is broken for the main heating/cooling unit. So if I set my thermostat on about 85 or 90 it actually makes my fan unit blow COLD air.

A. I never knew that thermostat served a purpose except to tell me the temp in the office.

B. I didn't know that it controlled the temp of my fan unit. I thought the unit was broken so I never used it except for heat on the random occasions the heat was on and my office was cold.

So now I may have a decent feeling office (with the exception of the humidity) for at least the next few weeks. And oooh...the humidity...did I mention it makes the printer play fun games like "One for you, Two for me" with the letterhead? Oh the joys. All I have to say about that is THANK GOODNESS I don't have children yet -- my patience isn't up to par.

It's the little things like brownies, coupons and A/C that get me through the days :)

Simply,
MJ

1 comment:

  1. ooh i'll have to try the kroger coupons! i get giddy about my kroger discounted items ~ coupons are even better!

    ReplyDelete