Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Closet Freak

No, not like that. Get your head out of the gutter. I mean that I really can be a freak about closets. I've never had a large walk-in, so I've become pretty good about working with the space I have (or so I like to think). Since the move I hadn't yet gotten my closet in order. Everything was just thrown in, and it was impossible to find anything that I needed. Polos? Nowhere to be found. Cream colored cardi? Missing. It's enough to drive anyone mad. So last night I had a little time to myself and decided to tackle the project.

Here is what I started with:
Everything was just thrown in during the moving process. If it was on a hanger, it went on the rack. If it wasn't in a drawer, it went in the closet. I couldn't find any of the clothes I was looking for! So after a little TLC and organization, here is what I ended up with:

Much better, right? And still a little extra room left over! I put similar shirts together on cascading hangers...crew neck tees, v-neck tees, cardigans, button ups, polos, etc. Pants went together, skirts went together, and dresses lined up based on sleeve length/style. Other shirts were just put in order by sleeve length and color. Sweatshirts and jeans got their own shelf on my wire rack, and I had enough extra pieces of the wire rack to put together another cube to help corral purses and keep them from losing their shape. A little OCD, but it makes things much easier to find!

Feels like I'm finally making this into a new home :)

Simply,
MJ

1 comment:

  1. atta girl! i'm so proud! now all you need is some color-coding ;)

    ReplyDelete