Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Tie One On!

“The moments of happiness we enjoy take us by surprise. It is not that we seize them, but that they seize us.”―Ashley Montagu

Don't you like that quote? It seems appropriate to me. I spent a wonderful mini SB2010 (that's pronounced S-B-20-10, according to me) with 3 of my wonderful friends at a lake house near Pigeon Forge. My personal trip highlights and moments of happiness:

1. The Cats won the SEC tournament. Being in TN for the UK vs. UT game was quite fun :)
2. Misadventures In My Life's quotes: "I love nature" and "Life without chocolate sucks." If you know her, you know how funny these sound coming from her!

3. Compliments. Namely, MIML was told that we had good style....by someone who works with Pretty in Pink Megan (who is a definite fashionista)! Also, I received a very sweet and generous compliment during a round of "Table Topics," a stack of cards with conversation starters for girl's nights. We went through the WHOLE stack.

4. The Dixie Stampede.
{Image from here}

And not knowing what to do with a whole chicken and no utensils. And the man next to us with a water bottle of liquor. Our dear blogless friend -- I'll call her KB for now -- created a mystery for us the whole show as to whether or not this man was married to his lady friend, or if she was married to someone else. She had a ring....but made references to having married a Northerner. Does that mean HE was the northerner or someone else?

5. Outlet shopping! I got tons of fun new purchases, including the pair of Chuck Taylor's I blogged about a while back. I figure it's okay since I had 3 friends supporting the indulgence!

6. Southern Charm's driving abilities through the back roads, avoiding deer, toughing out the rain, deciphering her dad's directions, etc. And her tour guiding abilities through the small Eastern Kentucky towns. Most importantly, her generosity for opening her lake house to us :)

7. The construction sign that read, "YOUR GPS IS WRONG."

There probably are many more bullet points I could add and lots of good memories (and thank goodness, because we didn't take any pictures). I'm so grateful that I have such good friends to spend time with, talk to and work through life problems with. We'll have to "tie one on" soon, ladies! (And hopefully the rest of the gang can join in!)

Simply,
MJ

2 comments:

  1. HAHAHHAHA!!! This cracked me up! I fully stand behind my quotes from this weekend. And furthermore, I believe I actually thrive on chocolate. P.S. I LOVE my new nickname (MIML)...I'm going to start using that one fo' sho'.

    I adored spending time together this weekend. Much needed. I love all of you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can "Tie on On" anytime you're feeling risky. Just remember, you must announce it. Its very exciting and don't forget the hand motion...

    Miss you this week! Hope you're not too lonely!

    ReplyDelete