Thursday, March 25, 2010

It's Gameday!

The Cats play Cornell in the Regional Semifinals in Syracuse today. I can't wait! My whole week has been leading up to this. It's been dubbed as the "smart kids vs. dumb kids" match-up...but like Cousins said, what's that have to do with basketball? This isn't a spelling bee.

Cornell has a good team -- experienced players, good 3-point shooting, respectable record for the year. But I like our chances, especially if we keep playing the way we have been throughout the tournament.

My uncle sent out an e-mail this morning that I thought I'd share. (Background info: The whole family is either Kansas or Missouri fans...except for my mom, dad, brother and myself. We caught the Cat craze living in Kentucky.)

GO CATS!

Subject: As another exciting weekend of March Madness approaches......
Body: ... as usual, Kansas is in the Sweet Sixteen. But what does that "ST" behind their name mean?!

I wonder if Kurt Warner will be in town this weekend. He must be excited for his alma mater, the Panthers of Northern Iowa, as they come to St Louis for the midwest regional semifinals. Apparently their last game was an exciting one. Did ya' hear?!

Cheap tickets for this one may be available. I understand some Jayhawk fans are unloading theirs as the trip from Lawrence turned out to be longer than expected!

Will 2010 be the year of the Wildcats? Go U of K!

2011... the year of the Billikens?

with love,

Uncle D.

No comments:

Post a Comment