Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Life Update

Hello again, friends! I'm going to try to be better about blogging in the near future, but in the meantime, here is my life update:

I worked about 58.5 hours last week (yes, including a couple hours on Labor Day). I had a lot of dinners at the office, and my fridge had a pitiful half a green pepper, less than 1/4 bottle of wine, and some apples. As a result, my Mint.com account is telling me that I've exceeded my budget for fast food. No kidding, Sherlock. I've been doing better this week so far -- steak and vegetables for dinner, scrambled eggs, turkey sandwiches for lunch -- so hopefully I'm getting back on track! (I woke up with a sore throat yesterday, though, so let's hope I'm not coming down with something.)

I'm happy to say that our conference and board meeting were a success -- especially our Friday night banquet. We had an AWESOME band out of Nashville. (If you know me, you know I'm a sucker for a good band and live music.) They're called 'Burning Las Vegas' and you can check out some videos of them here. If anyone gets the hankering to head down to B.B. King's in Nashville on a Wednesday night, let me know and I'm in.

In the midst of my crazy work hours, I had some conversations along the lines of:
MJ: Is it just me or do these folders smell bad?
E: Yes! I was smelling that! They smell like...
MJ: Toejam. (Uh, yeah. Where did I come up with that?!?!)

G: That's really bothering you, isn't it?
MJ: Yeah, it's just me being anive retental. (Or maybe anal retentive? Maybe?)

C: Remember when McDonald's didn't take debit cards?
MJ: No.

How do you like them apples? (Speaking of apples...I hit up the orchard last weekend with my family and have pics -- with the intent of blogging about them -- so hopefully I can get those up!)

Hope you're all doing well!

Simply,
MJ

No comments:

Post a Comment