Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Retail Therapy

It's raining. Again. I love when the 10 day forecast calls for rain everyday. {Not.} I'm beginning to feel like I live in Seattle. Last Sunday was rainy, and I was home alone, so of course decided that a little retail therapy was in order. {Like I needed to spend the money.} So a little recap:

- I bought 2 dresses from Macy's -- one for work, one for play. Justifiable (?) -- one was 65% off, the other was like 70% off.

- I bought new black work pants from the Loft -- they were on sale, too. (This one really is justifiable. My current black pants required that I wear heels, which I just can't do everyday. I need to invest in some of MIML's "training heels" for daily wear. Not to mention the pair of short black pants I had were linen and made not one, but TWO cycles in the dryer before I realized my mistake. The pants were quite literally 4 inches shorter than the lining. Ooops.)

- I bought a new short sleeve sweater from the Loft. Not only was it on the clearance rack, but I got like 4 compliments on it yesterday. Totally justifiable. (On that note...is XXSP a real size?!?!? Guess so, because I bought it.)

- I bought new jeans. Skinny jeans. They were on sale for $29.50 at the Loft (if that makes it justifiable) and I had been wanting straight leg jeans after seeing how adorable MIML's and KB's were. They didn't have a straight leg pair, but had a "modern slim" style. Close enough, right?

- Have yet to remove tags from said skinny jeans. They intimidate me. Although I really, really think I like them. I think. Maybe. I need a little reassurance.

Where are my stylish friends when I need them?

Simply,
MJ

2 comments:

  1. haha fun! I'm not saying I'm stylish, but I'm certainly honest :) I'll give you the opinion when i get back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG you got alot but all on sale so justifiable!!

    Twila
    blog.twilasvintageclothing.com
    www.twilasvintageclothing.com

    ReplyDelete