Friday, May 7, 2010

As We Go On...

Isn't it funny how quickly time flies? Tomorrow is the one year anniversary of this picture:

I can't believe that it has been a year since graduation. College was by far one the best chapters in my life. I know I'm in another exciting chapter, with much to learn and do, but I always get a little sad looking at the by-gones. KB and I were talking yesterday about how this is one of the best points we will be at and it's true -- we are making money, living independently, old enough to go out without breaking any laws, don't look like children anymore, but still not having our bodies affected by age yet, etc., but MAN, those were the days.

This year has taught me a lot and forced me to grow a lot. It's been a bit of a rollercoaster at times, from leaving work and immediately calling my parents crying to laughing and going to bachelorette parties and girls weekends. I do know this -- I'm so blessed to have such wonderful friends and a great support system. My friends and family are my rock and keep me sane!

“A good friend is a connection to life—a tie to the past,
a road to the future,
the key to sanity in a totally insane world.”
―Lois Wyse

And it's funny how you can't really plan...if you had asked me 2 years ago where I would be today, my answer would have been very different. Such is life I guess. God has his own plans that we can't know or understand -- we just have to trust in Him and have a little faith.

"Many are the plans in a man's heart,
but it is the Lord's purpose that prevails."
Proverbs 19:21

So happy graduation anniversary to you all (and happy graduation this year to Alana!). I love you each dearly.

Sorry for the sappy post! I just get sentimental at times!

Simply,
MJ

2 comments: