Friday, April 30, 2010

It's a good thing I'm not a mother....

...because I can't even give my blog any TLC. For some reason I feel like I've been super busy lately. I spent the weekend of the 17th in St. Louie for a bachelorette party -- Southern Charm was there too!

{Me, the Bride-to-Be, and Southern Charm}

We both love that city. It has so much culture and self-identity. I think it's the ultimate baseball town. Plus it always feels a little like home since my dad's family all lives there! The strangest part of the trip was driving right past my exit for home...if only we had a little more time!

Last weekend I was in Georgia for a 3 day weekend at the lake. It was gorgeous on Friday -- about 88 degrees, hardly a breeze, and no one else out on the water. We spent 4 hours just laughing and relaxing. Everyone even got in the water at some point! (Polar bear plunge, anyone? Brrr...) One of the guys was being an absolute riot, as you can see in the picture:

{MIML might recognize this as an old friend of hers!}

Overall, a successful weekend. We even took a few good pictures that are frame-worthy! Now if I could just get around to printing pictures for the new place.....

{My handsome date and I before dinner}

Speaking of the new place -- I STILL don't have a move in date yet. The building is supposed to be completed by May 20, and we need to be in by May 31. Knowing how I usually like to have a plan for things like this, it's causing me a little anxiety. But once we're in, I'll be happy to lounge by the pool and work on getting a little color. I know tanning = skin cancer and yada yada yada...but I practically GLOW I'm so transparent. Case in point:

{Milky is not an adjective I want used to describe me.}

And looping it all back around to the title about mothers -- what does everyone do for their mom's in celebration of Mother's Day? I'm clueless! I've debated taking a trip home that weekend, but I'm not sure what to get my momma!

2 comments:

  1. halloween date keepin' it classy...

    ReplyDelete
  2. a)thanks for the shout out! b)if you dont move until late in may that means you can come to the cards game with us and b) last year i surprised my mom with flowers being delivered at the house that was a big hit!

    ReplyDelete