Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Have You Seen These?

When I picture "pre-portioned" plates, I usually picture those divided ones that keep your mashed potatoes and gravy from running into your macaroni or green beans. But there are lots of new dishes on the market to help people portion out their food. Am I just crazy for thinking that these things are kind of cool? These Slimware plates look like normal servingware, but the design helps you portion your meals properly. Makes me go, "Why didn't I think of that?!?"

{Image from website}

These Measure Up Bowls are another "so obvious I should have invented that." They help you measure out food (without getting your measuring cups dirty) and control portions on a daily basis. Perfect for counting calories, dieting or maintaining a healthy weight.


{Image from website}

I seriously wish I had the funds to buy some of these dishes! I think being conscious of exactly how much you are eating would be a good tool -- no excuses for overeating. Eventually you would be able to "eyeball" what a normal/recommended portion should be. No more daily binge eating (hello sorority house dinner buffet)!

So the moral of the story is -- I need to come up with an invention like these. And I'm a huge nerd for thinking these are cool. Thanks for reading.

(P.S. Both of these things I found from the blog Buttoned Up)

2 comments:

  1. That picture doesn't really do the actual plates justice! they are actually kind of cute! and no one would know they were portion controlling except you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i've heard of these before! and totally think i need them!! ...though they probably don't work if you go back for seconds...not that i ever do... ;)

    ReplyDelete