Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Free Enes

(Image Courtesy of KSR)
(Anyone recognize any of these ladies?)

There was a work event back home last Thursday night, so naturally my boss let me work it and spend some time at home -- a much needed break! It was great to have a three day weekend with time spent at home, visiting with the parents, and wedding festivities. But there is just one recap from the weekend I want to emphasize. Friday night's dinner conversation with my parents. (Disclaimer: If you are offended by "get your head out of the gutter" humor, you may want to discontinue reading at this point.)

Time: 7:30 p.m. CT. We had just say down to pot roast, squash, and mashed potatoes - good home cookin'.

Dad (to me): So you know that Turkish kid on the basketball team -- how do you pronounce his name?
MJ: I usually say Enes (ee-nis), but I'm not sure.
Dad: That's how I said it too, but I was watching the news and this announcer said Enes (En-es). It sounded almost like initials, N.S.
Mom: Or Enes (ee-nis) like P****! (I'll let you all fill that in. You can figure it out.)
Dad (to Mom): That's all you think about isn't it?!?
Mom: Only yours, dear, only yours.
MJ: (pushing away from the table in disgust) Oooohhh...I'm trying to eat dinner here!
Mom: Well, I had to have some sort of retort to that!
Dad: Well it didn't bother me at all, just her! (Pointing at me) (Pause) See, what it is, is that your mom heard how tall he was and wanted to know if he was.... (makes a hand motion)
Mom: ...proportional?

And this, my friends, is why I am so screwed up :)

Simply,
MJ

1 comment: