Thursday, December 16, 2010

Winter Wonderland

Well, the world outside is coated in snow, slush, and ice. It's beautiful to look at on the trees...walking and driving is not quite so pleasant (although I did enjoy the 2 extra hours of sleep due to the delay!). Perks of working in higher ed -- I still get snow delays.

I think I'm going to start a new little feature, just as the opportunity presents itself. I love when people say odd things or put their foot in their mouth....I'm not sure what to name this feature, though. Maybe I'll just call them "Overheard."

Overheard: "I'm so glad this job has afforded you the ability to buy a new car." One - Rude. Two - She would have bought it anyway. Three - She got paid more at her old job. Four - Rude.

Overheard: "Your computer must just be slow today because it's so cold outside!" One - It's probably the server. Two - It's not like the computer is outside?

Overheard (this isn't a direct quote because I was not at the table, but close enough): "How is everything with your tummy tuck going?"
(The question was directed to a lady who definitely had gastric bypass or another similar form of weightloss surgery several months ago.)

Simpy,
MJ

1 comment:

  1. that was funny actually...you're commentary makes it funnier though!

    ReplyDelete