Sunday, November 7, 2010

Where Have I Been?

I don't know where time goes anymore! I can't believe it is NOVEMBER. Yikes. I'll do a quick life update here if I can.

This happened to my best friend from back home:

She tried to call and text me the day of Homecoming, when I was of course working (trying to get the 82-hour work week over with!). I threatened her within an inch of a life if she was playing a trick on me. But she was very serious -- I cried (multiple times), but they were happy tears! Her fiance is a great guy, and she has said basically since the moment she met him that she knew she would marry him. I made a quick trip home the weekend after to see her and catch up. It was a great break for a few days.

Friday, my mom took a fall during her Zumba class and now looks like this:
Broken wrist (right hand), a day at the hospital getting it checked out, surgery, and a brace. I think she feels pretty helpless right now. Dad has been putting in her earrings for her and cooking dinner. I guess this means I'm in charge of Thanksgiving dinner now?!?!

Add in an early October wedding, Race for the Cure, football games with friends, plus work and my classes, and I have had my hands full! Lately I have really felt good about myself as a confident, independent person. I can do what I want, when I want. I have just been trying to dedicate more time to me (eating right, working out, spending time with family and friends) and to the people important to me. I put so much effort into work and my classes sometimes that I have just been exhausted and not putting enough energy into myself. I'm working on it...

Simply,
MJ

No comments:

Post a Comment