Wednesday, July 7, 2010

A little advice...

...on what NOT to do once you get engaged. An ex-boyfriend of mine (if you could call it that) from high school recently got engaged. We "dated" when I was a freshman...the sweet kind of romance where you talk on the phone for like an hour every night, hold hands as you walk in laps around the stands at the Friday night football games, and pass notes in the hallway between classes -- usually as I was on my way to and from Spanish class with Ms. Spiller. In fact, he asked me out in a note that was passed on my way to Spanish. (I probably still have almost every note in a box at home.) Those were two of the best months of my life (sigh) until I broke up with him because I heard he was flirting with Nora in gym class (the PMS probably didn't help). Sure enough to get back at me he starts dating her like 2 weeks later, and they ended up dating for like 2 years. I was heart broken (I thought) for like a month.

Anyway, he is now engaged to a girl he has been dating for like 5 years. (Guess I missed my chance...haha...). And recently he keeps posting lovey-dovey song lyrics as his Facebook status. Gag me with a spoon. Really dude. We know you are in love. Give it a break.

Some samples:
"I know a girl, she puts the color inside of my world..."

"She's my world..."

{Insert quote from fiance} "Congrats on the engagement to the most awesome girl to ever walk this earth!! Hahaha and to think, u made me this way :D"

"I'm living life right now, and it's what I'm going to do until it's over..."

"Simple little thing called Love..."

"A wonderful night on the town with my fiancé!!!"

{Insert quote from fiance} "My fiance!!!! OMGGGG I love u!!!"

And to think...I used to doodle his name all over my planner. With little hearts and our initials every where. And each "milestone" in our relationship marked on the pages. Like ALL over my planner. Well...at least until I started "dating" someone else. Ooohhh to be 14 again.

So just a little advice: When any of you get engaged, please, refrain from the sickening posts. I KNOW you will feel the need, but we will already know you are in love. And I'd prefer to not have to purchase the said spoon for gagging. Plus, you don't want to end up on some ex's blog post.

Simply,
MJ

2 comments:

  1. you are such a wonderful story-teller/writer :)

    and i agree.....facebook romance is annoying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank goodness you dodged that one...those posts could have been about you! :)

    thanks for bringing back the memories of the high school dating...so funny!

    ReplyDelete